Sunday, January 23, 2011

Green Chili

Hey all! It’s sooo nice to be back in N.C., I’ve been catching up with old friends and really thought I had forgotten how to be social. In NY my social life was zilch and spent my evenings watching TV (sad really), but now I’m making up for it for sure thank god. I’m also making up on my cooking and baking… much more fun to cook for family and friends than just myself! I’ve cooked several things already, but this is the best thing I’ve made yet. With the Super bowl coming up so soon, what’s more appropriate than chili?! I am hoping that one of the teams in the Super bowl wears the colors green…. and do I know who has what color… most definitely not. Anyhow, I’m not normally a fan of chili, but this rocked my boat.



Green Chili (can serve 4 people)
-1 onion
-1 lb ground beef (I used lean)
-3-4 cloves garlic chopped
-6 tomatillos
-4 poblanos
-2 jalapenos
-1 Tb cumin
-1 Tb honey
-1 tsp. Salt
-1 small can black beans (rinsed)

Preheat oven to 450° Put tomatillos, poblanos, jalapenos on baking sheet and roast until brown in spots. Watch poblanos and turn a couple of times.

While the vegetables are roasting in oven, chop up the onion. Sauté the onion until translucent; add the meat and cook all the way, add 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic.

Peel the poblanos. Blend up the tomatillos, poblanos, and jalapenos in blender until salsa consistency. Add to meat mixture. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cumin, honey, salt, and black beans.

Top with sharp cheddar and sliced avocados.

This recipe is pretty darn easy. After culinary school, I think people expected me to be whipping up rabbit or lamb chops. But no I still like to use good ol hamburger meat… Try this for dinner soon or a Super bowl party!

2 comments:

  1. We are glad to have Michelle home as well! And this chili was wow good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's perfect for the green bay packers! green and yellow!

    ReplyDelete