Sunday, March 13, 2011

Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches

Time flies when one is busy! Now I understand the value of weekends, it’s the only time I have to catch up on tasks (such as blogging) and visiting friends. I’m currently living with the rents and it’s not too shabby, it’s fun to hang out at home and have people to cook for and dogs to play with. However, I’ve contemplated moving to Raleigh so I would be closer to friends… but the Pig Wig would be about 45 minutes away not a fun commute if I have to be at work at 6 am some mornings! So I might be living with mom and dad until I figure out where I should live when I move out… any help anyone? Should I live where I play or where I work?

Kath came home for spring break last night, but didn’t hesitate to text me before she got home to ask me what I was making for her homecoming dinner. I knew I needed to make something with seafood, make everything light and healthy, but a sinful dessert. I have made this before but made it again because I knew Kath would love it! This is great to make ahead and just make all the ice cream sandwiches and keep them in the freezer. This is my go to dessert and after dinner my dad will have a whole ice cream sandwich and my mom and I will usually split or quarter an ice cream sandwich.
Here are the recipes, one is a Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies that is very crisp and perfect for ice cream sandwiches and the other is a decadent Salted Caramel Ice Cream.  I hope you all get to try this recipe, which is perfect for the warmer weather coming up! 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Makes me wish I was hanging out at the Adams household right now with you all!

    ReplyDelete